| Meet Steve|
| About ABR, CRS, e-PRO|
| Client Testimonials|
| Featured Homes for Sale|
| Search Homes for Sale|
| Home Buying Guide|
| Home Selling Guide|
| Lead Paint Guide|
| Home Inspection Guide|
| Community Guides|
|Dearborn, Michigan »|
|Dearborn Hts, MI|
|Garden City, MI|
| Take a Tour of Dearborn|
| Home News and Views|
| Real Estate Update|
| Local Links and More|
| Return to Home Page|
|Contact Steve Now!|
Dearborn, Michigan Community Guide...
Dearborn combines a rich heritage, a strong feeling of community,
and a healthy commercial and industrial base.
The earliest settlers had "ribbon farms" with the narrow end fronting on the Rouge River.
The Dearborn area began to emerge as a community when it was chosen as the site for the Detroit Arsenal in the early 1830's. In 1838, the area around the Detroit Arsenal was incorporated and named Dearbornville at the request of the arsenal's first commandant who wanted to honor Major General Henry Dearborn, a Revolutionary War hero under whom he had served. The only arsenal structure left is the commandant's quarters which today houses the Dearborn Historical Museum.
Dearborn may be best known as the hometown of Henry Ford. Henry Ford first boosted Dearborn's growth by constructing the Ford Rouge Plant here in 1917. As Ford Motor Company grew, Dearborn became the location of its World Headquarters.
Some of the biggest tourist attractions in southeastern Michigan are located in Dearborn. Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village which attract visitors from all over the globe have the world's largest collection of Americana. Dearborn's newest attraction - The Automotive Hall of Fame, offers automotive history and education to visitors of all ages. Henry Ford's Fair Lane Estate located on the University of Michigan - Dearborn Campus offers tours and cultural events.
Dearborn Michigan Housing Market:
Dearborn, Michigan offers a wide variety of home styles to choose from. Prospective home buyers
will find houses and condominiums that are well suited for nearly every budget including starter homes that are
perfect for the
1st time buyer all the way up to luxury homes and condominiums that offer spectacular golf course and nature views.
Dearborn offers home buyers many choices in regards to construction styles and types of homes. Some examples include...
- Historic homes built in 1919 and 1920
- Brick and/or sided bungalows, colonials, ranches and more built primarily in the 1920's, 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's.
- Some infill newer construction homes
- Condominiums recently built that are adjacent to the new downtown development in West Dearborn...walking distance to many
shops and restuarants.
- Private gated community condominiums and patio homes
- Luxury condominiums and homes backing to lush Dearborn golf courses.
Real Estate Services in Dearborn...
Whether you plan to buy or sell a home in the Dearborn area, contact Steve Hatfield
and let him put his 22+ years of
experience to work for you. Click here to learn more about
Steve's experience and qualifications.
If you would like to get FREE reports about the schools in Dearborn or other surrounding communities, please click here.
Dearborn MI Community Highlights...
- Dearborn offers many retail shopping alternatives including the Fairlane Town Center as well as large and small
shopping districts along Ford Road, Warren Avenue, and Michigan Ave.
- Dearborn is centrally located, a short drive from downtown Detroit, Southfield, Ann Arbor, the Downriver communities and the airport. Residents also have easy access to public transportation and major highways.
- Dearborn offers its Senior Citizen population an abundance of activities and housing.
- Dearborn is home to the Ford-Wyoming Drive-In Theatre - one of the few remaining drive-in theatres in Michigan
Dearborn Parks and Recreation...|
Dearborn maintains a large number of parks, playgrounds and recreational facilities and services. Residents enjoy
the fact that no matter where they live, they are always just a short walk away from a tot-lot or park.
Dearborn's extensive recreation areas and facilities include the following:
- Over 30 parks and playgrounds
- Camp Dearborn - Located in Milford, Michigan
- 29 Tennis courts
- 52 Baseball and softball fields (8 lighted)
- The Dearborn Civic Center
- Competitive sports leagues and clinics
- Several private health and fitness club facilities
- One public and two private golf courses
- 6 Bowling alleys
Henry Ford Centennial Library|
16301 Michigan Avenue
22100 Michigan Avenue
12929 Warren Avenue
More Dearborn Facts and Info...
- Total Area (Sq. Miles): 24.45
- Major Employers: Ford Motor Company, Oakwood Health Services, AAA Michigan
- Medical Facilities: Oakwood Hospital, Henry Ford Hospital, Garden City Osteopathic Hospital, Heritage Hospital (Taylor)
- Major Highways: I-94, I-96, M-39 (Southfield Road), US-24 (Telegraph Road), M-153 (Ford Road), US-12 (Michigan Avenue)
City of Dearborn Offices:
|Dearborn City Hall|| ||13615 Michigan Ave.|| ||313-943-2000|
|Mayor's Office|| ||13615 Michigan Ave.|| ||313-943-2300|
|Police Department|| ||16099 Michigan Ave.|| ||313-943-2240|
|Dearborn Fire Department|| ||3750 Greenfield|| ||313-943-2218|
|Dearborn Building Department|| ||13615 Michigan Ave.|| ||313-943-2150|
|Dearborn City Assessor|| ||13615 Michigan Ave.|| ||313-943-2140|
|City Treasurer|| ||13615 Michigan Ave.|| ||313-943-2045|
|Water Department|| ||13615 Michigan Ave.|| ||313-943-2399|
|Recreation Department|| ||15801 Michigan Ave.|| ||313-943-2090|
|Health Department|| ||16301 Michigan Ave.|| ||313-943-2350|
|Housing Department|| ||13615 Michigan Ave.|| ||313-943-2390|
|Dept. of Public Works|| ||2951 Greenfield|| ||313-943-2085|
Official Website for the City of Dearborn: www.CityofDearborn.org
View additional community guides:
Buying a Home? Fill out Steve's online Buyer Inquiry Form
Selling a Home? Fill out Steve's online Seller Inquiry Form
Back to Top
Return to Home Page
REALTOR® ABR, CRS, e-PRO Certified
CENTURY 21 Curran & Christie
25636 Ford Road
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127
Office: (313) 274-7200
Contact Steve Now
Text Message: www.TextSteve.com
Print Steve's Business Card
Licensed Realtor® Since 1987 (#6501221773)
Steve Hatfield, Realtor® provides professional real estate / home buying services to buyers and sellers in Dearborn Michigan, Dearborn Heights Michigan, the Wayne County MI (Southeast Michigan) communities of Livonia, Canton, Redford, Westland, Garden City, Plymouth, Northville and the Oakland County cities of Farmington / Farmington Hills and Novi Michigan.
In accordance with the law, the properties, real estate services and homes for sale featured on this web site are offered without respect to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, physical limitations / disabilities or familiar status.
REALTOR® is a registered collective membership trademark that identifies a real estate agent / professional who is a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict code of ethics.
Century 21 Real Estate Corporation © and sm trademark and servicemark of Century 21 Real Estate Corporation. Equal Housing Opportunity. Each office Independently Owned and Operated.
Copyright © 1996 - Steve Hatfield
Graphics and content may not be reproduced or copied in any way with out written permission
from Steve Hatfield.